Under The Tree



It is time for this month's Under the Tree! If you don't know about this gathering, check out Carly's blog for more information. If this is your first time to join us, we welcome you, although we all wish we didn't have to...


Do you have a special place in your home for your baby? What is it like? Do you have any rituals that you perform in memory of your baby?


I do not have a special place at home for Raelyn but I do have three pictures hanging on the wall in the living room—her name in the sand, her precious feet, and one my mom made with a James Avery Mother’s Love ornament and her name and birth date on a pink mat. I carry her pictures with me in my purse so she is with me always. I also have a few jewelry pieces that I always wear in her honor. During the moments in my day that I just stop and remember her, I hold onto my necklace which has her footprints engraved into the silver heart pendant. It stays close to my heart and is a comfort to me.


If you believe in an afterlife, do you receive signs from your baby? Have you ever felt their presence? Do you find them in nature? Do they visit you in your dreams?

I believe that Raelyn left the safety and comfort of my womb and was welcomed directly into the arms of Jesus. When I am at my lowest points, thinking of her singing and dancing before the throne of God side by side with three of her grandparents brings a smile to my heart. I am currently reading Heaven by Randy Alcorn and it is giving me a whole new perspective!

Do you have a special poem, song, prayer or quote in memory of your baby?

"You are a great God.
Your character is Holy.
Your truth is absolute.
Your strength is unending.
Your discipline is fair.
Your provisions are abundant for our needs.
Your light is adequate for our path.
Your grace is sufficient for our sins.
You are never early, never late.
You sent Your Son in the fullness of time and
will return at the consummation of time.
Your plan is perfect.
Bewildering. Puzzling. Troubling.
But perfect."

- Max Lucado


He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. ~Isaiah 61:1-3

Remember your word to your servant, in which you have made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. ~ Psalm 119:49-50

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing with us about your precious memories and keepsakes of your Raelyn. Rest in Peace sweet one

Lea said...

What a beautiful angel... I'm so sorry you are on this journey with us.

xo

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing Raelyn with us. I LOVE that necklace I may have to go buy one. Thank you for sharing that with us.