Savior Please

Savior, please take my hand
I work so hard, I live so fast
This life begins and then it ends
And I do the best that I can, but I don't know how long I'll last

I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone, God I need you to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior, please keep saving me

Savior, please help me stand
I fall so hard, I fade so fast
Will You begin right where I end
And be the God of all I am because You're all I have

Hallelujah
Everything You are to me
Is everything I'll ever need
And I am learning to believe
That I don't have to prove a thing
'Cause You're the one who's saving me
~Josh Wilson


This is the song that speaks to my heart right now. Most days I feel like I am trudging through quicksand, just doing everything in my power to keep upright when all I really want to do is let myself sink. The days when I am most exhausted from the struggle are the days that I try to do it all on my own. I know that the other days, the ones where I can drift off to sleep in peace, those are the days that I have grabbed on to the hand of my Father and let Him help me through the day. Sadly, those days are fewer than the exhausted ones...


I, you, we are called to be holy. (...to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours...1 Cor. 1:2)


I used to wonder how in the world I could ever live up to this calling. Who am I that I might be holy or even anything remotely close? Then, I looked closer. The word 'holy' means: consecrated, having a spiritually pure quality. Okay..... still not a chance of ever achieving this goal. Then, I looked closer still. The definition that stood out is this: specially recognized as or declared sacred by religious authority. I cannot be holy. Ever. Period. But He can declare me holy by the blood of Jesus. By His act of ultimate sacrifice, He recognized His children as holy and I became sanctified when His blood covered my sins. He fulfilled the calling 2000 years ago on the cross and all I have to do is believe! God hasn't called me to be anything that I can be on my own--our callings are God-anointed and God-bestowed. He calls, and then gives us the means to enter in. To paraphrase that first scripture: ...to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be saved, sanctified, blood-bought worshippers of the most high God... He has already authorized my entry into my callings, I just have to step up, step out, and walk in them.

Also, the same God who has called
us is faithful to His promises for us. (God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. 1 Cor. 1:9) That means He will never leave me alone in my calling, in my happiness, in my anger, in my joy, in my grief... I will never be alone. Even when I don't feel His presence or His saving grace, I know that I am never alone.

I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone, God I need You to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior please, keep saving me

0 comments: