Defeated

I feel totally, utterly defeated today.

I have worked, prayed, hoped for so long and still have nothing to show for it all.

My legs feel as heavy as my heart and my arms literally ache.

It's as if someone is standing on my shoulders as I walk through my life and sometimes, he covers my eyes so that I cannot see the path ahead.

Today is one of those times when my eyes are covered and I cannot respond to anything except through the darkness.

I don't know how to break out of this funk, but I can't keep walking in darkness or I'll alienate even the ones who have stuck by me.


Lord, move in a way that I've never seen before
Cause there's a mountain in the way and a lock on the door
I'm drifting away. Waves are crashing on the shore.
So, Lord move or move me.


***Sorry this post is so cryptic and vague. Just trying to work through my own thoughts...

1 comments:

R said...

I completely understand about the fear of alienating those around me if I stay in this funk. It's so easy to get knocked down but difficult to get up again. I hope you feel God moving & leading even if you can't see the path ahead. Thinking of you.