Frozen in Time

A year ago today, the world stopped turning.

My first (and last) ultrasound.

Suddenly I am "incompatible with life."

Dreams were shattered as a tornado ripped through my heart.

I have no idea where October has gone.

Oh yeah... I forgot that it was a year ago, not just a few days.

I have no idea where the last year has gone.

I still talk to people like September 2008 was only a few weeks ago.

Because it is for me.

The fog that I live in blurs time and space.

No one knows that the world has stopped, frozen in time.

The worst part... today is my Husband's birthday.


How do I make this up to him... ever?

3 comments:

bir said...

A year ago... I'm right behind you. September doesn't feel like yesterday, it feels like today. It all feels that close.
Sending you hugs xx

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I too, lost our first baby, a girl, (the sex my husband wanted first) on my husband's 28th birthday 9.21.07. Our world was shattered. The year that followed, we lost our second baby, a boy, 9.5.08. This year, 9.4.09 we brought a healthy baby boy into the world! ~Don't lose hope. I know nothing will ever replace the baby you lost, but God does give miracles!

Heather

Once A Mother said...

"I still talk to people like September 2008 was only a few weeks ago. Because it is for me."
These words ripped through me. Because I can relate to them. Because our babies should each have turned one this September. Because I know what it is to lose a year and feel like it has only been days. Sending you prayers for peace and healing.
xx